Customer Accounts overviewEdit on GitHub
A customer account contains the following customer information about the Storefront:
- Contact details
- Order history
- Preferences, such as language and shipping options
There are slight differences in customer accounts’ information for the B2B and B2C shops. The following table describes such differences and similarities:
|CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SECTION
For details about how customer accounts can be created, see Customer Registration overview.
Customers manage their accounts directly on the Storefront. If a customer updates an account, the data is synchronized, and the Back Office user sees the updated information in the Back Office > Customers > Customers section. The exceptions are newsletter subscriptions and password changes: this information is not stored in the Back Office.
To comply with international regulations, a Back Office user can delete a customer account on a customer request.
Deleting a customer account does not affect billing and order-related information. Deleting an account anonymizes customer information and address data. By default, customer email addresses are anonymized, letting customers return and re-register with a completely new account.
A Back Office user can do the following:
- Add notes attached for customers.
- Set a preferred locale per customer.
- Deleting customer data using an anonymization mechanism.
- Configure a non-linear customer reference for external communication.
- Set address books with default addresses for billing and shipping.
- Send a password token by email.
- Check the last orders of a customer in the shop.
For details, see the following:
Customer account on the Storefront
A customer can perform the following actions on the Storefront:
View the account activity
Create, edit, and delete a customer address
Filter order history
Reorder selected items
Related Business User documents
|BACK OFFICE USER GUIDES
|Add notes to customers
|Add customer addresses
|Edit customer addresses
For submitting the form