Manage marketplace abstract productsEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to manage marketplace abstract products in the Merchant Portal.
To start working with marketplace abstract products, go to the Merchant Portal > Products.
This document contains reference information. Make sure to review it before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Filtering and sorting marketplace abstract products
The following drop-down menus can be used to filter the marketplace abstract products on the Products page:
- Categories where the abstract product belongs.
- Visibility (defines whether the product is online or offline).
- Stores where the abstract product is available.
- Approval status (defines whether the product is approved or denied by the marketplace administrator).
The page refreshes and displays the available options as soon as the filter parameters are selected.
To sort the existing abstract products, select one or more sorting parameters from the drop-down menu on the Products page. Choose among the following sort criteria:
- Number of variants
- Visibility status
- Approval status
By default, the table is sorted descendingly by SKU.
Editing abstract product details
To edit the existing marketplace abstract product:
- Next to the abstract product, you want to edit, hover over the three dots and click Manage Product or just click the line. This takes you to the [Product name], Abstract Product Details tab.
- In the Name & Description pane, edit Name and Description for every locale.
- In the Stores pane, in the drop-down menu, select the stores where the product is available.
- In the Tax Set pane, in the drop-down menu, select the necessary tax set.
- In the Categories pane, in the drop-down menu, select the categories where your product belongs.
- Click Save.
Reference information: [Product name] drawer, Abstract Product Details tab
|Name||Name of your product displayed on the Storefront. It is set per locale.||✓|
|Description||Description of the product displayed on the Storefront. It is set per locale.|
|Stores||Defines the stores the product is available in.
You can select multiple values.
|Price||In this pane, you can manage prices for your abstract product. See Managing abstract product prices for more details.|
|Tax Set||The conditions under which a product is going to be taxed.
The values available for selection derive from Taxes > Tax Sets
Only one value can be selected.
|Images||In this pane, you can manage image sets for your abstract product. See Managing abstract product image sets for more details.|
|Attributes||In this pane, you can manage attributes for your product. See Managing abstract product attributes for more details.|
|Categories||Defines the categories the product is displayed in.|
|SEO||In this pane, you can manage meta information for your product. See Managing abstract product meta information for more details.|
Sending the product for approval
You can approve only the newly created marketplace product.
For the new product to be available on the Storefront, it needs to be approved. To send the product for approval, do the following:
- Next to the abstract product, you want to send approval for, hover over the three dots and click Manage Product or just click the line. This takes you to the [Product name] drawer, Abstract Product Details tab.
- In the right top corner of the drawer, click Send for Approval.
This button is only displayed if the product status is Draft. To learn more about the product statuses, see, Marketplace Product Approval feature overview
For submitting the form