Edit placeholders in CMS blocksEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to edit placeholders in CMS blocks in the Back Office.
- Optional: If you want to add content items to a block, create content items.
- Review the reference information before you start or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Edit placeholders of a CMS block
- Go to Content > Blocks. This opens the Blocks page.
- Next to the block you want to edit the placeholders of, click Edit Placeholder. This opens the Edit CMS Block Glossary page on the Title tab.
- Add CONTENT to the needed locales and placeholders.
- Click Save. This refreshes the page with a success message displayed.
Reference information: Edit placeholders in a CMS block
The only field for editing placeholders is CONTENT. Depending on the template of a block, the block can have different placeholders. On the Edit CMS Block Glossary page, placeholders are represented by tabs. So, using the editing tools in the CONTENT field, you can add content per placeholder per locale. After adding the content, click Save. This will refresh the page with a success message displayed.
Apart from the usual editing tools, you can add content items to blocks’ placeholders. To add a content item in the editor, do the following:
In the CONTENT field of the needed placeholder, place your cursor where you want to add the content item to.
From the Content Item menu button, select the content item you want to add. The Insert a Content Item window opens.
In the SELECT A CONTENT ITEM pane, select a content item to add.
For Select a template, select a template to apply to the content item.
Click Insert This closes the window. The widget with the information about the content item is displayed in the CONTENT field.
- Click Save. This refreshes the page with a success message displayed. When the block is rendered on the Storefront, the widget will be rendered as the selected content item.
For submitting the form