Create category CMS blocksEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create category CMS blocks in the Back Office.
Create the categories whose pages you want to show the block on. For instructions, see Create categories.
Create the abstract products you want to show in the block. For instructions, see Create abstract products.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Create a category CMS block
- Go to Content > Blocks.
- On the Overview of CMS Blocks page, click Create block. This opens the Create new CMS Block page.
- For STORE RELATION, select the stores you want the CMS block to be displayed in.
- For TEMPLATE, select Category Block.
- Enter a NAME.
- Optional: Select a VALID FROM date.
- Optional: Select a VALID TO date.
- Optional: For CATEGORIES: TOP, enter and select one or more categories.
- Optional: For CATEGORIES: MIDDLE, enter and select one or more categories.
- Optional: For CATEGORIES: BOTTOM, enter and select one or more categories.
- Optional: Enter and select one or more PRODUCTS.
- Click Save. This opens the Edit CMS Block Glossary page with a success message displayed.
- Optional: For CONTENT, add content to the block per placeholder per locale.
- Click Save. This opens the Edit Block Glossary page with a success message displayed.
Reference information: Create category CMS blocks
|Stores to display the block in.
|Defines the layout of the CMS Block. A developer can create more templates.
|You will use this name when assigning the block to a slot in a page.
|VALID FROM and VALID TO
|Dates that inclusively specify when the block is to be visible on the Storefront.
|The block will be displayed at the top of the pages of these categories.
|The block will be displayed in the middle of the pages of these categories.
|The block will be displayed at the bottom of the pages of these categories.
|Products to display in the block.
Reference information: Add content to the placeholders of a CMS block
The only field for editing placeholders is CONTENT. Depending on the template of a block, the block can have different placeholders. On the Edit CMS Block Glossary page, placeholders are represented by tabs. So, using the editing tools in the CONTENT field, you can add content per placeholder per locale. After adding the content, click Save. This will refresh the page with a success message displayed.
Apart from the usual editing tools, you can add content items to blocks’ placeholders. To add a content item in the editor, do the following:
In the CONTENT field of the needed placeholder, place your cursor where you want to add the content item to.
From the Content Item menu button, select the content item you want to add. The Insert a Content Item window opens.
In the SELECT A CONTENT ITEM pane, select a content item to add.
For Select a template, select a template to apply to the content item.
Click Insert This closes the window. The widget with the information about the content item is displayed in the CONTENT field.
- Click Save. This refreshes the page with a success message displayed. When the block is rendered on the Storefront, the widget will be rendered as the selected content item.
For submitting the form