StripeEdit on GitHub
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform that enables businesses to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities.
The Stripe integration in Spryker is a part of the App Composition Platform and supports both the default Storefront Yves and Spryker GLUE APIs.
Supported business models
The Stripe App supports the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) models.
The Stripe app has the following features:
- Interface within the Spryker ACP catalog to connect with Stripe: You can connect to Stripe from the App Composition Platform.
- Easy switch between Test and Live mode: You can test payments in either mode.
- Responsive Redirect Payment Page: Once a connection is set up between Spryker & Stripe, upon checkout, end users are redirected to a Spryker-hosted payment page where they can view activated payment methods. This works both on the web and mobile.
- Viewing the activated payment methods in the Stripe dashboard.
- GLUE API support: Support for customers using Spryker headless.
- Authorize payments and capture later: The default OMS configuration lets you authorize cards and capture the order amount either after shipping or based on the established business logic.
- Default OMS Configuration: We provide a default OMS configuration that you can use as an example or modify to align with your business logic.
Prerequisites for using the Stripe app
- You have a Stripe Account.
- Your Stripe Account is connected to the Spryker Platform account. Request this link by creating a case.
- Your Spryker project is ACP-enabled. For more information on the ACP enablement process, see App Composition Platform installation. If your project is ACP-enabled, make sure that your project setup with ACP uses the latest version of our Message Bus. We’ll verify this during onboarding, and migration may be necessary to enable the use of the Stripe App.
- You have the required SCCOS prerequisites.
- Your country is included in the list of countries supported by Stripe.
- Your business isn’t listed among the prohibited and restricted businesses.
The Stripe app supports all payments enabled by Stripe in your region. For more information, see Payment methods in Stripe. However, our team only tested the following payment methods:
- Cards: including Visa and Mastercard
- Debit card
- Bank transfer
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Direct Debit (SEPA) / Sofortüberweisung
Stripe supports bank transfers in specific regions. For details on this payment method, see the Stripe documentation on Bank transfer payments here.
The Stripe App has limited or no support for the following features:
- Refunds & Payment Cancellation: Handling refunds & payment cancellation via the Spryker OMS.
- Payment Authorization & Capture: The current logic works with separate authorization & capture. Hence, all payment methods go through this transition.
- Payment Authorization Timeout: There is currently a one-day timeout for authorizing payments. This means that payment methods such as bank transfers, which are not authorized within this timeframe, will experience a timeout. We recommend extending the timeout from one day to seven days.
- Multi-Capture: Partial capture of payment for order items.
For submitting the form