Edit customersEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to edit customers in the Back Office.
- Optional: To select billing and shipping addresses, add customer addresses.
- Review the reference information before you start or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Edit a customer
- Go to Customers > Customers. This opens the Customer page.
- Next to the customer you want to edit, click Edit.
- On the Add a customer page, select a SALUTATION.
- Enter a FIRST NAME.
- Enter a LAST NAME.
- Select a GENDER.
- Select a DATE OF BIRTH.
- Enter a PHONE.
- Enter a COMPANY.
- Select a LOCALE.
- To send a password change link to the customer’s EMAIL, select the SEND PASSWORD TOKEN THROUGH EMAIL checkbox.
- Select a BILLING ADDRESS.
- Select a SHIPPING ADDRESS.
- Click Save. This opens the View page with a success message displayed.
Reference information: Edit a customer
|Email address. To change a customer’s email address, you have to create the customer from scratch.
|DATE OF BIRTH
|Date of birth.
|Company. Not to be confused with a B2B company.
|SEND PASSWORD TOKEN THROUGH EMAIL
|If you select the checkbox, after saving the customer, an email will be sent to the customer containing a link. By accessing the link, the customer will be able to set a password for the account. If you don’t select this option, the customer will still be able to request the password reset email on the Storefront.
|When placing an order, this address will be selected by default for billing. To add an address, see Add customer addresses.
|When placing an order, this address will be selected by default for shipping. To add an address, see Add customer addresses.
For submitting the form