Create abstract product list content itemsEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create abstract product list content items in the Back Office.
Make sure to review reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Create an abstract product list content item
- Go to Content > Content Items.
- On the Overview of Content Items page, click Add Content Item > Abstract Product List.
- On the Create Content Item: Abstract Product List page, enter a NAME
- Optional: Enter a DESCRIPTION.
- In the Add more products section, click Add to list next to the products you want to add to the list. The products appear in the Default tab.
- Optional: To reorder the added products, click Move Up or Move Down next to the needed products.
- Optional: Repeat steps 5-6 on one or more locale-specific tabs.
The following logic applies in a multi-language setup:
- Locale-specific products overwrite the default products when the Abstract Product List is rendered on a Storefront page with the locale selected.
- If no products are selected for a locale, the default products are displayed on a Storefront page with the locale selected.
- Click Save. This opens the Overview of Content Items page with a success message displayed. The created content item is displayed in the list.
Tips and tricks
To clear product selection on a tab, click Clear locale.
Reference information: Create abstract product list content items
|Unique identifier of the content item. You will use it when adding the content item to CMS pages and blocks.
|Description for internal usage.
Reference information: Abstract product list content item widget
The widget allows you to add an Abstract Product List content item to any placeholders of a page or block.
Use case example: The widget can be used to display a list of products for a specific promoting campaign, for example, the Best Selling items, or a list of frequently used products on a page.
You can view how it looks like on the store website:
B2C Template used: Slider with product category info
B2B Template used: Product Slider for store/landing pages
For submitting the form