Shop Guide - Managing a Shopping CartEdit on GitHub
This topic describes the steps Buyers can perform to manage their shopping carts.
To open the shopping cart page, do one of the following:
- Navigate to the Customer Account > Shopping cart section and select the cart you want to manage.
- On top of the page in the My cart widget, select the cart you want to manage.
On the Cart page, you, as a Buyer, can do the following:
- update the cart name
- manage items details
- add a cart to the shopping list
- add items to the cart
- share the cart via a link with external and internal users
- add comments to the cart
- add a custom order reference
- proceed to checkout
- request for a quote
Editing a Shopping Cart Name
To update the cart name:
- Click the Edit icon next to the name. The Edit [Cart Name] page opens.
- On the page, enter the new value and click Save.
Tips and tricks If you want to discard the changes, click Back.
Managing Order Items Details
In the Items section, you can change items quantity, remove the items or add a comment per item.
To change the items quantity, use the plus or minus icons.
To remove the items, click Delete (1) for each item or click Delete all (2) if you want to remove all the items from the cart.
To add a comment, in the Add a comment field, add a message and click Save. For more information on how to manage comments in the cart, see Shop Guide - Managing Comments.
Adding a Note to Cart
If you want to leave some information or comments for the cart, you can use the Cart Notes section.
To add a note to the cart, in the Add a note for the cart widget, enter your comment and click Save.
Adding a Cart to the Shopping List
You can add the products from the cart to the shopping list to purchase them later.
To add a cart to the shopping list:
- In the Add to Shopping list widget, do one of the following:
- Select a shopping list to which you want to add the cart from the drop-down list. The cart will be saved to the existing shopping list.
- Enter a new name for the shopping list in the Add new shopping list. The cart will be saved to the new shopping list you’ve created.
- To keep the changes, click Add to Shopping list.
Adding Items to the Cart
You can quickly add multiple products to the cart using the Quick add to Cart widget.
To add products to the cart:
In the Quick add to Cart widget, enter a product SKU or name and quantity.
To keep the changes, click Add to Cart.
Sharing a Cart via a Link
To provide permissions to other users to manage your cart, you can share the cart with using a link.
Sharing a Cart via Link with the External Users
External users are the users that do not belong to your company.
To share the cart with external users, in the Share Cart via Link widget, select External Users and copy the link.
When the external users open the provided link, they can only view the contents of your shopping cart.your content goes here
Sharing a Cart via Link with the Internal Users
Internal users are the users that belong to your company account. You can share a link with the Read-Only or Full Access permissions.
To share the cart with the internal users, in the Share Cart via Link widget, select Internal Users and copy the link with:
- Read-only permissions: users can view the shopping cart details and edit only the comments to the cart or a custom order reference.
- Full-access permissions: users can edit the cart details.
For more information about the actions internal users can perform on the cart, see Shared Cart Feature Overview.
Adding a Custom Order Reference to the Cart
If you want to link your order to the invoice in your external system, you can use a custom order reference.
Only logged-in users can add or update a custom order reference.
Adding Comments to the Cart
If you want to add some information to the order, you can leave a comment to your cart.
To add a comment to the cart, in the Comments to Cart widget, write a message and click Send.
If you added products to the cart, you can proceed with the checkout. For more information on how to place the order, see Shop Guide - Checkout.
If you want to negotiate the price, you can request a quote. For more information on how to create a request for quote, see Shop Guide - Creating an RFQ.
For submitting the form