Shop Guide - Creating a Request for QuoteEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how a Buyer can create a new Request for Quote (RFQ) and add a delivery address along with the shipment method.
RFQs are the requests that you can submit to bargain the final price from the supplier.
Creating a Quote Request
To create a new RFQ:
On the Customer Account > Shopping Carts page, select a cart you want to request a quote for.
On the Cart page, click Request a Quote.
(Optional): On the Create Quote Request page, populate the following fields:
- Enter a purchase order number.
- Select a due date in the Do not ship later than field.
- Add the notes.
On the Create Quote Request page, click Submit Request. This will create a Request for Quote in the Draft status in the Customer Account > Quote Request section.
- See Buyer Workflow for more information on the request statuses and the workflow.
- See Reference Information for details on UI elements in the Quote Requests page in the Customer Account.
The Quote Request is created in your Customer Account. Next, you can do the following:
- Edit the Quote Request by adding/updating a delivery address and a shipment method, changing the number of products, measurement units etc. or providing more details (like purchase number, preferred shipment dates and adding comments) on the request.
- Send the quote to the Sales Representative to negotiate the price.
- Cancel the Quote Request, if you created it by mistake or don’t need it anymore etc.
See Managing RFQs to learn how you can perform these actions.
For submitting the form