Shop Guide - Managing Company RolesEdit on GitHub
Roles page allows your shop owner to manage the roles for your company.
To open the Company Roles page, go to the header of the shop application → Name of your company → Roles.
Graphic User Interface
The Company Roles page consists of the following elements:
|1||Company Account menu||Use this menu to manage your Company: Overview, Users, Business Units, Roles.|
|2||Name||Name of the role.|
|3||Is Default||Check mark that specifies whether the role is set the default for the newly created users.|
|4||Actions||Click a respective button to either Edit or Delete a company role.|
|5||+ Add New Role||This button creates a new company role. See Creating a New Role for more details.|
Creating a New Company Role
To create a new company role, do the following:
- On the Company Roles page, click +Create New Role.
- Enter the name of the role.
Selecting the Is Default check-box means that the new users will be created with this role assigned by default.
Editing an Existing Company Role
You can edit the existing role settings by completing the steps below:
- On the Company Roles page, click next to the company user you would like to edit.
- Update the necessary settings.
A role includes a set of permissions that can be enabled/disabled according to your needs by switching the toggle in Enable column.
- Add company users - allows adding company users. With this permission enabled, a user will have Create User button on the Company Users page.
- Invite users - allows inviting company users. With this permission enabled, a user will have Invite Users button on the Company Users page.
- Enable / Disable company users - allows enabling and disabling company users. With this permission enabled, a user will be able to switch a toggle in the Enable column on the Company Users page.
- See Company Menu - allows access to the company menu. With this permission enabled, a user will be able to navigate to a company menu from the header of the shop interface.
- Add item to cart - allows adding products to cart. Without this permission, the user will get This action is forbidden error when trying to add the product in the cart.
- Change item in cart - allows changing products in the cart (changing the quantity, adding notes etc).
- Remove item from cart - allows deleting the products from the cart.
- Place Order - allows placing the order. With this permission enabled, a user will have error when trying to submit the order.
- Alter Cart Up to Amount - allows changing the content of the cart (adding new products, changing the quantity of the existing products etc.) until it hits the limit specified in this permission. When the limit is reached, the buyer will not be able to change the contents of the cart and will get This action is forbidden error.
- Buy up to grand total (Requires “Send cart for approval”) - sets a limit for the grand total of the cart. If the amount in the cart is bigger than the limit set in this permission, the user will not be able to proceed to checkout. Works with Send cart for approval permission. This permission is available after enabling the Approval Process feature.
- Approve up to grand total - with this permission enabled, a user can approve the the cart.
- Send cart for approval (Requires “Buy up to grand total”) - allows a user to send the cart for approval. Works together with Buy up to grand total permission.
- Click Submit.
Deleting a Company Role
You can delete a company user by clicking icon next to the company user you are going to delete. Confirm the removal by clicking Delete.
For submitting the form