Wishlist feature overviewEdit on GitHub
Help your customers track and save items for later purchase through multiple wishlists, which are connected to the users’ accounts.
Customers can manage their wishlists in the Wishlist section of the customer account. In there, they can see the list of wishlists that they have, the number of items inside each one, the date of creation, Edit and Delete options.
Note the following:
- Only logged-in customers can use the Wishlist functionality.
- If the same item is added to the cart from multiple wishlists, then in the cart, this item will have the quantity value updated based on the number of times this specific item was added.
- Each wishlist is an independent entity.
Naming a wishlist
Users can easily keep track of their wishlists by naming each one individually.
When the customer selects Add to Wishlist for the first time, and there are no wishlists in the system yet, one will be created automatically with name My Wishlist.
The wishlist name can be later changed in the Wishlist section as well as new wishlists added.
Converting a wishlist to cart
The direct-to-cart function enables your customers to simply add items from their wishlist to a shopping cart with a single click.
Specifically, the customer can:
- Add all the products from the wishlist to the cart by selecting the Add all available products to cart
- Add selected items from the wishlist to the cart by using the Add to Cart option for a specific item.
The Wishlist feature on the Storefront
Buyers can do the following actions using the Wishlists feature:
Create, rename, and edit a wishlist
Add a product from the product details page to a wishlist
View a wishlist's details, remove products from the wishlist, and add all products from the wishlist to cart
Add selected products from the wishlist to cart
For more details on wishlists, check the video:
Are you a developer? See Wishlist feature walkthrough for developers.
For submitting the form