Create product setsEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to create product sets in the Back Office.
You create a product set to improve the customer’s shopping experience. You collect similar products into a logical chunk that can be bought with a single click. Let’s say you have a pen. The logically connected items to this product can be a pencil, notebook, and sticky notes. You can collect these products under a set named Basic office supplies. Instead of searching for each item, your customer will add this set to cart.
To start working with product sets, go to Merchandising > Product Sets.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Create a product set
On the Product Sets page, click Create Product Set and follow the instructions in the following sections.
1. Enter general information for the product set
- In the General tab, enter a NAME.
- Enter a URL.
- Optional: Enter a DESCRIPTION.
- Enter a PRODUCT SET KEY.
- Optional: Enter a WEIGHT.
- To activate the product set after creating it, select ACTIVE.
- Click Next.
2. Select products to add to the product set
- In the Products tab, select checkboxes next to the products you want to add to the product set. Select at least two products.
- Select Next.
3. Enter SEO information for the product set
- On the SEO tab, enter the following for needed locales:
- Click Next.
4. Add images for the product set
In the Images tab, do the following for the needed locales:
- click Add image set.
- Enter an IMAGE SET NAME.
- Enter a SMALL IMAGE URL.
- Enter a LARGE IMAGE URL.
- Optional: Enter a SORT ORDER.
- Optional: To add one more image, click Add image.
- Repeat steps 9-13 until you add all the needed images.
- Optional: To add one more image set, click Add image set.
- Repeat steps 9-15 until you add all the needed image sets.
This opens the View Product Set page with a success message displayed.
Reference information: Enter general information for the product set
|NAME||Unique identifier of the product set that will be displayed on the Storefront.|
|URL||A relative URL address of the product set. When entering multi-word URLs, use hyphens and dashes.|
|DESCRIPTION||This description will be displayed on the Storefront for the product set.|
|PRODUCT SET KEY||Unique identifier of the product set for adding to CMS pages. When entering a multi-word key, use underscores and dashes instead of spaces.|
|WEIGHT||A number that will define the position of the product set on a page relatively to the weight value of the other product sets. A product set with a bigger weight is displayed higher on a page.|
|ACTIVE||Defines if the product set is to be activated after you create it. You can activate it later any time.|
Reference information: Enter SEO information for the product set
|TITLE||SEO title for the product set.|
Reference information: Add images for the product set
|IMAGE SET NAME||Image set name. For a multi-word name, instead of spaces, use dashes and underscores.|
|Small Image URL||A public URL to fetch a low-resolution image from.|
|Large Image URL||A public URL to fetch a high-resolution image from.|
|SORT ORDER||A number that will define the position of the image on a page relatively to the sort order value of the other images. An image with a smaller sort order value is displayed higher on a page.|
For submitting the form