Managing CMS page versionsEdit on GitHub
This article describes how you can manage versions of CMS pages: view general information, SEO details, compare CMS versions, and roll back to the selected version or discard changes to a page.
To start working with CMS page versions, go to Content > Pages.
Viewing the history of CMS pages
To view version history of a CMS page:
- On the Overview of CMS pages page in the Actions column, select View > Version History next to the page whose version history you want to view.
- On the Version History: [Page Name] page, the following information is available:
- Information on the current version and when it was published.
- Name of the page and the template it is using.
- SEO information: title, keywords, and description.
- Placeholders that display a page title and contain content.
- Option to roll back all the changes to the specific CMS version.
- Option to compare the current version with the selected one.
On the Version History: [Page Name] page, you can return to the list of CMS pages by clicking Back to CMS at the top of the page.
Rolling back to a CMS page version
To roll back to the specific version:
On the Version History: [Page Name] page from the drop-down list, select the version you want to return to.
Click Rollback to Selected Version in the top right corner of the page. This copies all data from the older version and publish the previous version in the online store.
Comparing CMS Versions
To compare CMS versions to see what changes you have made to the current version:
- On the Version History: [Page Name] page from the drop-down list, select the version you want to compare with the current one.
- Click Compare. The information of the selected version is displayed next to the information about the current version.
For submitting the form