Create CMS blocksEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create CMS blocks in the Back Office.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Create a CMS block
- Go to Content > Blocks.
- On the Overview of CMS Blocks page, click Create block. This opens the Create new CMS Block page.
- For STORE RELATION, select the stores you want to the CMS block to be displayed in.
- Select a TEMPLATE.
- Enter a NAME.
- Optional: Select a VALID FROM date.
- Optional: Select a VALID TO date.
- Enter and select PRODUCTS.
- Click Save. This opens the Edit CMS Block Glossary page with a success message displayed.
- Optional: For CONTENT, add content to the block per placeholder per locale.
- Click Save. This refreshes the page with a success message displayed.
Reference information: Create a CMS block
|ATTRIBUTE||DESCRIPTION: REGULAR CMS BLOCK||DESCRIPTION: EMAIL CMS BLOCK|
|STORE RELATION||Stores to displayed the block in.||This option does not affect email CMS blocks, so choose any.|
|TEMPLATE||Defines the layout of the CMS Block. A developer can create more templates.||Defines the layout of the Email CMS Block. A developer can create more templates.|
|NAME||You will use this name when assigning the block to a slot in a page.||The name should correspond to the name defined in the email template the block will be assigned to.|
|VALID FROM and VALID TO||Dates that inclusively specify when the block is to be visible on the Storefront.||Irrelevant.|
|PRODUCTS||Products to assign the block to. The block will be displayed on the products’ details pages.||Irrelevant.|
Reference information: Add content to the placeholders of a CMS block
The only field for editing placeholders is CONTENT. Depending on the template of a block, the block can have different placeholders. On the Edit CMS Block Glossary page, placeholders are represented by tabs. So, using the editing tools in the CONTENT field, you can add content per placeholder per locale. After adding the content, click Save. This will refresh the page with a success message displayed.
Apart from the usual editing tools, you can add content items to blocks’ placeholders. To add a content item in the editor, do the following:
In the CONTENT field of the needed placeholder, place your cursor where you want to add the content item to.
From the Content Item menu button, select the content item you want to add. The Insert a Content Item window opens.
In the SELECT A CONTENT ITEM pane, select a content item to add.
For Select a template, select a template to apply to the content item.
Click Insert This closes the window. The widget with the information about the content item is displayed in the CONTENT field.
- Click Save. This refreshes the page with a success message displayed. When the block is rendered on the Storefront, the widget will be rendered as the selected content item.
For submitting the form