Managing tax ratesEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to create, edit, and delete tax rates.
To start working with tax rates, go to Administration > Tax Rates.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Creating tax rates
To define a rate under which a product, shipment, or threshold is going to be taxed, create a tax rate.
To create a tax rate, do the following:
- On the Overview of Tax Rates page, in the top right corner, click Create Tax Rate.
- On the Create Tax Rate page, enter and select the attributes.
- Click Save.
Reference information: Creating tax rates
The following table describes attributes you view, enter, and select when creating or editing tax rates.
|Name||Name of your tax rate, e.g., Germany Standard.|
|Country||Drop-down list with the countries. You can select only one country for which this tax rate is valid.|
|Percentage||Tax rate percentage.|
Editing tax rates
To edit a tax rate, do the following:
- In the List of tax rates > Actions column, click Edit for a specific tax rate.
- On the Edit Tax Rate page, change the attributes.
- Click Save. For more details on the reference information of the attributes, see the Reference information: Creating tax rates section.
Viewing tax rates
To view details on a specific tax rate, in the List of tax rates > Actions column, click View.
The Tax Rate details page includes the following information:
- Tax rate ID
- Created at
- Updated at
For more details on the reference information of the attributes, see the Reference information: Creating tax rates section.
To return back to the list, click Back to Tax Rates.
Tips and tricks
You can start editing a tax rate while viewing it:
- On the View Tax Rate page, click Edit in the top right corner.
- Go over the Editing tax rates procedure.
Deleting tax rates
To delete a tax rate, do the following:
- In the List of tax rates > Actions column, click Delete for a specific tax rate.
- On the Delete Tax Rate page, click Delete Tax Rate to confirm the action. The tax rate is deleted. Remember that it will also be deleted from the tax set to which it has been assigned.
Even if you delete the only tax rate assigned to a tax set, the tax set itself remains.
Tips and tricks
You can delete a tax rate while viewing it:
- On the View Tax Rate page, click Delete in the top-right corner.
- On the Delete Tax Rate page, confirm your action.
You cannot use the tax rate itself for products, shipment, and threshold taxation. You use tax sets instead. So you can proceed to the procedure of creating a tax set and assigning it to the tax rate.
For submitting the form