Creating cart rulesEdit on GitHub
This guide describes how to create a cart rule.
A cart rule is a discount that is applied automatically when all attached discount conditions are fulfilled and if the cart rule is active. Unlike a voucher code, it does not require any input from the customer.
To start working with discounts, go to Merchandising > Discount.
Creating a cart rule discount
To create a cart rule discount:
- On the Discount page, in the top right corner, click Create new discount.
- On the Create Discount page, on the General information tab, do the following:
- In STORE RELATION, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
- From the DISCOUNT TYPE drop-down list, select a cart rule.
- In the NAME field, specify the name for the discount.
- Optional: in the DESCRIPTION field, enter the description of the discount. The description is displayed in the cart, in the Promotional products section.
- Optional: in the PRIORITY field, enter an integer value from
9999for the discount priority. For reference information, in the Create new discount reference, see General information tab.
- Specify if the discount is exclusive. For reference information, in the Create new discount reference, see General information tab.
- Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the discount.
Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
On the Discount calculation tab, do the following:
In the CALCULATOR TYPE drop-down, select either Percentage or Fixed amount. For reference information, in the Create new discount reference, see the Discount calculation tab section.Note
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type:
a. Fixed amount: Enter the amounts (per currency and price mode, if applicable) to be discounted.
b. Percentage: Enter the percent value to be discounted.
Select the DISCOUNT APPLICATION TYPE and define which products are eligible for the discount. For reference information, in the Create new discount reference, see the Discount calculation tab section.
Click Next, or select the Conditions tab to proceed.
On the Conditions tab, do the following:
- Select the APPLY WHEN conditions or click Plain query and enter the query manually. For reference information, see Conditions.
- Enter the value for THE DISCOUNT CAN BE APPLIED IF THE QUERY APPLIES FOR AT LEAST X ITEM(S). field.
To create the new discount, click Save.
See Managing discounts to learn more about the actions you can do once the discount is created.
For submitting the form