Creating cart rulesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create a Cart Rule.
A cart rule is a discount that is applied automatically when all attached discount conditions are fulfilled and if the cart rule is active. Unlike a voucher code, it does not require any input from the customer.
To start working with discounts, go to Merchandising > Discount.
Creating a cart rule discount
To create a cart rule discount:
- On the Discount page, in the top right corner, click Create new discount.
- On the Create Discount page, in the General information tab, do the following:
- In Store relation, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
- From the Discount Type drop-down list, select a cart rule.
- In the Name field, specify the name for the discount.
- Optional: in the Description field, enter the description of the discount.
- Specify if the discount is exclusive. For reference information, in the Creating a voucher guide, see the Discount Overview page section.
- Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the discount.
Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
On the Create Discount page, in the Discount calculation tab, do the following:
Select either Calculator percentage or Calculator fixed in the Calculator type drop-down. For reference information, in the Creating a voucher guide, see the Discount calculation tab section.Note
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type:
a. Calculator fixed: Enter the prices to be discounted.
b. Calculator percentage: Enter the values (percentage) to be discounted.
Select the Discount application type and define what products the discount will be applied to. For reference information, in the Creating a voucher guide, see the Discount calculation tab section.
Click Next, or select the Conditions tab to proceed.
On the Create Discount page, in the Conditions tab, do the following:
- Select the Apply when conditions or click Plain query and enter the query manually. For reference information, in the Creating a voucher guide, see the Conditions section.
- Enter the value for The discount can be applied if the query applies for at least X item(s). field.
Click Save to create the new discount.
See Managing discounts to know more about the actions you can do once the discount is created.
For submitting the form