Managing customer groupsEdit on GitHub
You are browsing a previous version of the document. The latest version is 202212.0.
This article describes how to manage customer groups.
To start working with customer groups, navigate to the Customers > Customer Groups section.
Out-of-the-box, there are no connections between customer groups and any other Back Office feature, except for the Discounts. You can set up the discount conditions to be applied to a specific customer group. See Discount Conditions: Reference Information for more information on what the discount conditions are.
Adding a customer group
To add a customer group:
- On the Customer groups page, in the top right corner, click Add Customer Group. On the Add a Customer Group page there are two tabs: General Information and Customers.
- In the General Information tab, enter the name and description for your customer group.
- Click Next to proceed to the Customers tab, or just click on it.
- In the Customers tab, select the checkboxes in the select column for the customers you want to assign to this group. You can select as many customers as needed.
- Click Save.
Editing a customer group
To edit a customer group:
- On the Customer groups page, click Edit in the Actions column for the specific group you want to edit.
- Update the needed attributes:
- To unassign a user from the group, scroll down to the Assigned customers table and clear the checkbox on the left of the user you want to unassign.
- To reassign all customers, click De-select All.
- Click Save.
Viewing customer groups
To view a customer group, in the Actions column for a specific customer group you want to view, click View.
On this page, you can:
- Click Edit Customer Group in the top right corner and initiate the editing flow.
- Click View in the Actions column for a specific customer assigned to this group. This will take you to the View Customer page (the Customers > Customers section).
For submitting the form