Managing companiesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to manage company records.
To start managing a company record, go to Customers > Companies.
Review the reference information before you start, or just look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
To create a new company record, do the following:
- On the Overview of Companies page, click Create Company in the top right corner.
- On the Create Company page, in the Name field, enter the name of the company you would like to create.
- Click Save. The new created company appears in the List of the Companies table on the Companies page.
Once the company is created, one business unit for it is created by default. This is considered to be a headquarter and can be managed in the same ways as the other business units. See Managing company units for more details.
The companies can be managed by triggering certain actions in the Actions column in the List of Companies table on the Companies page. Specifically, company roles can be Edited, Activated, Deactivated, Approved, and Denied.
Right after the company has been created whether in the shop application or in the Back Office, it appears with the Pending status in the List of Companies table. To become active and available for usage, it needs to be approved and then activated.
Approving and activating companies
To approve a company and activate a company:
- Click Approve in the Actions column. As a result, the status of the company is changed to Approved.
- Click Activate in the Actions column. As a result, the activity state of the company will change from Inactive to Active.
In case you cannot approve the registration, you can deny it. To disapprove a company, click Deny.
You can approve and activate the record in a later event. The record itself will continue existing in the system.
To deactivate a company, click Deactivate.
To change the name of a company:
- Click Edit in the Actions column.
- On the Edit Company page, in the Name file, edit the name of the company. The updated company name is displayed in the List of the Companies table of the Companies page.
The company record is added and now you can proceed with creating a company unit. See Managing company units for more details.
Reference information: Creating and managing companies
The following table describes the information that you see on the Overview of Companies page when creating and managing a company.
|Overview of Companies||On this page, you can see the company ID and name, either Active, or Inactive label, the company status (either Approved or Declined), and the actions you can perform (Edit, Activate/Deactivate, Approve/Deny).|
For submitting the form