Creating product listsEdit on GitHub
This article describes how to create a product list.
You can consider product lists as conditions under which companies see products in a store. Let’s say you want to hide some products, or even a category, from a company you’ve signed a contract with. You create a blacklist of those products and assign it to the company.
To start working with product lists, go to Catalog > Product Lists.
Review the reference information before you start, or just look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Creating product lists
To create a product list:
- In the top right corner of the Overview of Product Lists page, select Create a Product List. The Create a Product List page opens.
- In the General Information tab:
- In Title, enter a product list title.
- Select a type of the product list.
- Optional: In the Assign Categories tab, assign categories:
- In the Categories field, type the name of a category to see the list of matching results and select the desired category.
- Repeat the previous step until you assign all the desired categories.
- Optional: In the Assign Products tab, assign products in one of the following ways:
- Import a product list:
- Select Choose File.
- Select the product list file to be uploaded. The file should contain the
- Assign products to the list manually: in the Selected column of the Select Products to assign table, select the products to add to the list.
- Import a product list:
- Select Save. The page refreshes with the success message displayed.
Tips & tricks
- When assigning products, you can filter products by entering a product name or SKU in the search field.
- To double-check the list of products that are to be assigned, switch to the Products to be assigned table.
If you select all the concrete products of an abstract product, the abstract product is selected too. If an abstract product is selected, all its concrete products are selected too.
Reference information: Creating product lists
On the Overview of Product Lists page, you see the following information:
- The autogenerated product list ID.
- Product list title and type (with Blacklist or Whitelist).
- The actions that you can perform with each specific product list (Edit List, Remove List).
By default, the last created product list goes on top of the table. However, you can sort and search the list of product lists.
All columns with headers having arrows in the List of Product Lists table are sortable. You can list the table by any available column except for the Actions.
- To learn how to manage existing product lists, see the Managing product lists.
For submitting the form