Managing payment methodsEdit on GitHub
The topic describes how to manage payment methods.
- View payment methods available on the Storefront.
- Edit payment methods: update payment method details, assign payment methods to store, and activate or deactivate payment methods.
To start working with payment methods, go to Administration > Payment Methods.
Review the reference information before you start, or just look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Viewing payment methods
To view details of a payment method, in the Actions column, click View for the payment method. On the View Payment Method: [Payment Method name] page, you can see the following information:
- Payment method key
- Name of the payment method
- Payment provider
- Payment method status
- Availability of the payment method per store
For the reference information, see the Reference information: Editing payment method pages section.
Editing payment method details
To edit a payment method:
- On the Payment Methods page, in the Actions column for the payment method you want to update, click Edit . This redirects you to the Edit Payment Method [Payment Method Name] page containing two tabs: Configuration and Store relation.
- In the Configuration tab, update the availability status of the payment method under Is the Payment Method active?:
- Select the checkbox to make the payment method available in the Payment step during the checkout process.
- Clear the checkbox to make the payment method unavailable in the Payment step during the checkout process.
In the Store relation tab, select stores you want the payment method to be displayed in.
To apply the changes, click Save.
The payment method must be assigned to a store; otherwise, it won’t be displayed during the checkout process.
Reference information: Editing payment method pages
The following table describes the attributes you see, select, or enter while viewing or editing a payment method.
|Payment Method Key||Unique identifier of the payment method defined in the database.|
|Name||Name of the payment method.|
|Payment Provider||Company that offers payment services.|
|Status||Indicates whether a payment method is displayed during the checkout process or not.|
|Available in store||Lists stores in which a payment method is available.|
|Is this Payment Method active?||Option to activate (make a payment method visible during the checkout process) or deactivate (make a payment method invisible during the checkout process) the payment method.|
For submitting the form