Creating user groupsEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to create user groups.
- If you are new to the Users section, you might want to start with Best practices: Managing users and their permissions with roles and groups.
- Create at least one user role. For instructions, see Creating user roles.
- To start working with user groups, go to Users > User Groups.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
- Click Create Group.
- On the Create new Group, page enter a TITLE.
- Select one or more ASSIGNED ROLES.
- Click Save. This opens the Edit Group page with the success message displayed.
Reference information: Creating user groups
|TITLE||Unique identifier of the user group. You will use it to identify the group when creating users.|
|ASSIGNED ROLES||The user roles to be assigned to the group. For role creating instructions, see Creating user roles.|
Tips and tricks The USERS pane is empty. After you create a user and assign it to this group, the user will be displayed in the pane.
For submitting the form