Managing filter preferencesEdit on GitHub
This article describes how to manage filter preferences.
To start working with the filter preferences, navigate to the Merchandising > Filter Settings section.
Make sure that the attribute you are going to create a filter preference for is created and assigned to a product.
Creating a Filter Preference
To create a filter preference:
- In the top right corner of the Filter preferences page, click Create filter.
- On the Create filter page, do the following:
- Enter the attribute key to the respective field. The attribute key can be found in Product Attributes > Attributes Key of a specific attribute.
- In the Filter Type drop-down, select either multi-select or range.
- Enter the translations for all locations set up in your store.
- Click Save.
Tips and tricks The filter is created by it will not be available for use unless you synchronize the filter preferences. To do the synchronization, click Synchronize filter preference in the top right corner of the Filter Preferences page.
Editing Filter Preferences
To edit a filter preference:
- In the Actions column of the Filter preferences table, click Edit for the filter you need to update.
- Update the needed values. Attribute key is greyed out and is not available for modifications.
- Once done, click Save.
- On the View filter page, click List of filters in the top right corner.
- On the Filter preferences page, click Synchronize filter preferences.
Viewing and Deleting Filter Preferences
To view a filter, click View in the Actions column for a specific filter.
To delete a filter:
- Click Delete in the Actions column for a specific filter. OR
- Click Delete in the top right corner of the page while viewing a filter.
What’s next? Once the filter preference is created, you can use it in the Category Filters section. That is done to enable specific category(s) to which the product with this attribute is assigned, to be filtered based on this specific filter.
See Managing Category Filters to know how to set up the category filters.
For submitting the form