Creating product relationsEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how you create a product relation. To start working with product relations, go to Merchandising > Product Relations.
To create a product relation:
On the Product Relations page, click Create Product Relation in the top right corner. The Create Product Relation page opens.
In the General section of the Settings tab, do the following:
- Enter a Product Relation Key.
- Select a Relation type. See Product Relations: Reference Information to learn about the relation types and see usage examples.
- Select Update regularly for the related products to be updated automatically on a regular basis according to the product relation’s rules.
- Select the Is active checkbox to activate the product relation (to make it visible on the Storefront).
In the Product owning the relation section, click Select next to the products you want to create a product relation with.
In the Store relation section, select the stores you want the product relation to be displayed in.
Switch to the Products tab or click Next.
Click Add rule or Add group, depending on the conditions you want to specify. See Product Relations: Reference Information and Related Product Rules to learn more about rules and groups.
For the rule/group, select the operator:
- AND—the selected products are displayed if all the specified conditions are fulfilled
- OR—the selected products are displayed if at least one of the specified conditions is fulfilled
Populate the required drop-downs and fields for the rule/group.
To keep the changes, click Save. The table is automatically updated to display the abstract product that fulfills the specified rules/groups.
Tips and tricks
- If you want a product relation to be displayed on the Product details page or the Cart page, define at least one Store relation.
- Filter the products in the Select product table by entering a product name or SKU in the Search field.
- You can delete a rule or group by clicking Delete for a specific entry.
- Go back to the Product Relation page by clicking List of product relations in the top right corner.
Make sure to click Save before clicking List of product relations or going to any other Back Office section. Otherwise, the changes are discarded.
To learn more about how to edit, view, or delete a product relation, see Managing Product Relations.
To know more about the attributes you select and enter while creating a product relation, see Product Relations: Reference Information.
For submitting the form