Managing file treeEdit on GitHub
The** File Tree** section is used to upload the files, create or delete the directories and manage the order of files and directories .
This article describes how to manage the file tree.
To start working with file tree elements, navigate to File Manager > File Tree section.
If there are no MIME types defined in the MIME Type Settings section, you will be able to download any type of file. If you have at least one MIME type defined as Is Allowed, you will be able to download only the files of that type, unless you add more allowed types. See Managing MIME Type Settings for more details.
Creating a File Directory
To preserve a logical structure of the files that are going to be uploaded to the system and used for the marketing campaigns, you should define the structure according to which your files are going to be stored. Structured marketing campaign materials will also help the other Marketing Team members to work with the File Manager section.
To create a file directory:
- On the Overview of File Tree page, click Create File Directory in the top right corner.
- On the Create Directory Element page, enter the name of your directory to the Name field and populate the Title field for all locales.
- Once done, click Save.
The created folder will be displayed on the left of the Overview of File Tree page. You can create multilevel structures by changing the directory order.
To reorder directories, drag and drop them to the necessary place.
Once you are satisfied with the order, click Save Order.
To delete a directory:
- Click on the directory in the File Tree section.
- Click Delete Directory in the top right corner of the page.
- On the system message pop-up, click Confirm to confirm the action.
Once you have set up the directory structure you can proceed with uploading files to those folders.
To upload a file:
- Click on the directory to which a file needs to be uploaded.
- In the top right corner of the Files List section, click Add File.
- On the Add a file page, do the following:
- Enter the file name. You can leave this field blank and select the use file name checkbox. In this case, the uploaded file name is going to be used.
- Click Browse… and select the file to upload.
- Select the Use file name checkbox if you want the file name be used instead of the entered file name.
- Optionally, populate the Alt and Title fields for each locale.
- Once done, click Save. The file is uploaded to the selected folder.
Once the file is uploaded, you can manage it from two locations:
- File List (see Managing File List for more details)
- File Tree
To manage a file:
- Navigate to the folder where the file locates and click on it.
- In the Files list section, select one of the following in the Actions column for a file:
- View to view the file. You are redirected to the View file page where you can download it by clicking Download in the Actions column.
- Edit to edit the file. You will be redirected to the Edit file page where you can update the file information. You can even download another file instead of the one that is already in use.
- Delete to delete a file.
For submitting the form