Creating VouchersEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create a Voucher.
To start working with discounts, navigate to the Merchandising > Discounts section.
Vouchers are codes that customers can redeem during checkout. Voucher codes are grouped into pools to apply logic to multiple vouchers at once. You can generate a single voucher to be used by multiple customers or a pool of dedicated one-time per-customer voucher codes.
To create a discount voucher:
On the Discount page, click Create new discount in the top-right corner.
On the Create Discount page > General tab, do the following:
In Store relation, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
In Discount Type drop-down, select Voucher codes.
In the Name field, specify the name for the voucher.
Optional: Enter the description for the voucher in the Description field.
Specify if the voucher is exclusive. See Discount: Reference Information for more details.
Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the voucher.
Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
On the Create Discount page >Discount calculation tab, do the following:
Select either Calculator percentage, or Calculator fixed in the Calculator type drop-down. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more details.Note
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type.
a. **Calculator fixed**: Enter the prices to be discounted b. **Calculator percentage**: Enter the values (percentage) to be discounted
- Select the Discount application type and define what products the voucher will be applied to. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more details.
- Click Next, or select the Conditions tab to proceed.
- On the Create Discount page >Conditions tab, do the following:
- Select the Apply when conditions or click Plain query and enter the query manually. See Discount Conditions: Reference Information for more details.
- Enter the value for The discount can be applied if the query applies for at least X item(s). field.
- Click Save to create the new voucher.
When you click Save, an additional tab named Voucher Codes appear. Here, you can generate, view and export voucher codes (if they were already created). The list is empty until codes are generated.
On the Voucher code tab, do the following:
- Enter the Quantity for voucher codes you want to generate.
- Optional: Enter a Custom code.
- Set the Add Random Generated Code Length by selecting the value from a drop-down list.
- Set the Maximum number of uses.
- Click Generate to complete the process. The voucher codes will be generated according to your specifications. The codes will be displayed in the table at the bottom of the page.
- Click Activate in the top right corner to activate the voucher. Even if a voucher is valid and the decision rules are satisfied, a voucher can only be redeemed if it’s currently active.
See Voucher Codes: Reference Information for more details.
For submitting the form