Creating VouchersEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create a Voucher.
To start working with discounts, navigate to the Merchandising > Discounts section.
Vouchers are codes that customers can redeem during checkout. Voucher codes are grouped into pools to apply logic to multiple vouchers at once. You can generate a single voucher to be used by multiple customers or a pool of dedicated one-time per-customer voucher codes.
To create a discount voucher:
- On the Discount page, click Create new discount in the top-right corner.
- On the Create Discount page > General tab, do the following:
- In Store relation, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
- In Discount Type drop-down, select Voucher codes.
- In the Name field, specify the name for the voucher.
- Optional: Enter the description for the voucher in the Description field.
- Specify if the voucher is exclusive. See Discount: Reference Information for more details.
- Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the voucher.
- Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
- On the Create Discount page >Discount calculation tab, do the following:
- Select either Calculator percentage, or Calculator fixed in the Calculator type drop-down. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more details.
a. **Calculator fixed**: Enter the prices to be discounted b. **Calculator percentage**: Enter the values (percentage) to be discounted 2. Select the **Discount application type** and define what products the voucher will be applied to. See [Discount Calculation: Reference Information](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/202005.0/merchandising/discount/references/discount-calculation-reference-information.html) for more details. 5. Click **Next**, or select the **Conditions** tab to proceed. 6. On the **Create Discount page >Conditions** tab, do the following: 1. Select the **Apply when** conditions or click **Plain query** and enter the query manually. See [Discount Conditions: Reference Information](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/202005.0/merchandising/discount/references/discount-conditions-reference-information.html) for more details. 2. Enter the value for **The discount can be applied if the query applies for at least X item(s).** field. 7. Click **Save** to create the new voucher. *** When you click **Save**, an additional tab named **Voucher Codes** appear. Here, you can generate, view and export voucher codes (if they were already created). The list is empty until codes are generated. *** On the **Voucher code** tab, do the following: 1. Enter the **Quantity** for voucher codes you want to generate. 2. _Optional_: Enter a **Custom code**. 3. Set the **Add Random Generated Code Length** by selecting the value from a drop-down list. 4. Set the **Maximum number** of uses. 5. Click **Generate** to complete the process. The voucher codes will be generated according to your specifications. The codes will be displayed in the table at the bottom of the page. 5. Click **Activate** in the top right corner to activate the voucher. Even if a voucher is valid and the decision rules are satisfied, a voucher can only be redeemed if it’s currently active.Note
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type.
for more details.) *** **Tips & Tricks** Once you generated voucher codes, you can export them as a **.csv** file. To do that, click **Export** below **Generate**. *** **What's next?** See [Managing Discounts](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/202005.0/merchandising/discount/managing-discounts.html) to know more about the actions you can do once the discount is created.See [Voucher Codes: Reference Information](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/202005.0/merchandising/discount/references/voucher-codes-reference-information.html
For submitting the form