Creating Cart RulesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create a Cart Rule.
A cart rule is a discount that is applied automatically when all attached discount conditions are fulfilled and if the cart rule is active. Unlike a voucher code, it does not require any input from the customer.
To start working with discounts, go to the Merchandising > Discounts section.
To create a cart rule discount:
On the Discount page, click Create new discount in the top right corner.
On the Create Discount page > General tab, do the following:
- In Store relation, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
- In Discount Type drop-down, select Cart Rule.
- In the Name field, specify the name for the discount.
- Optional: Enter the description of the discount in the Description field.
- Specify if the discount is exclusive. See Discount: Reference Information for more details.
- Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the discount.
Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
On the Create Discount page >Discount calculation tab, do the following:
- Select either Calculator percentage, or Calculator fixed in the Calculator type drop-down. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more details.
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type: a. Calculator fixed: Enter the prices to be discounted. b. Calculator percentage: Enter the values (percentage) to be discounted.
- Select the Discount application type and define what products the discount will be applied to. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more information.
Click Next, or select the Conditions tab to proceed.
On the Create Discount page >Conditions tab, do the following:
- Select the Apply when conditions or click Plain query and enter the query manually. See Discount Conditions: Reference Information.
- Enter the value for The discount can be applied if the query applies for at least X item(s). field.
Click Save to create the new discount.
What’s next? See Managing Discount to know more about the actions you can do once the discount is created.
For submitting the form