Managing Company UsersEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to manage company users.
To start working with company users, go to the Company Account > Company Users section.
The company user can be created only if the company role, company, and business unit exist.
Creating a Company Users
To add a new company user:
- On the Overview of Company Users page, click Add User in the top right corner.
- On the Create Company User page:
- Enter customer’s email, salutation, first name, last name, and gender in the respective fields.
- If you want the email with change password details be sent to the customer, select the Send password token through email checkbox.
- Enter the date of birth and phone values.
- Select company and business units from the respective drop-down lists.
- Check the checkbox for Roles you want to assign to the user. The values available for selection are limited by those assigned to a company. See Managing Company Roles to learn how the company roles are created.
- Once done, click Save.
Attaching a Company User to a Business Unit
This is a very important step in a company account setup. To attach a company user to a new company business unit, within the same company:
- On the Overview of Company Users page in the Actions column, click Attach to BU for a user for which you want to change the assigned business unit.
- On the Attach to Business Unit page:
- Select a business unit you would like the company user to be attached to from the drop-down list.
- Assign the role under the Assigned Roles section.
- Click Save.
Editing a Company User
To edit a company user:
On the Overview of Company Users page in the Actions column, click Edit for the user you want to update.
Update the needed values and click Save.Info
All values are available for modifications except for the email. The Email field is greyed out and is not available for modifications.
Enabling and Disabling a Company User
If the company User is currently deactivated, there will be the Enable option in the Actions column. Click it to activate the user.
And vice versa, if the user is enabled, they can be disabled here. Click Disable to deactivate the user.
Deleting a Company User
To delete a company user:
- On the Overview of Company Users page, click Delete in the Actions column.
- On the Company user deletion confirmation page, confirm the deletion.
If confirmed, the user will be deleted from everywhere and will no longer be able to log in to the online store.
For submitting the form