Assigning Products to CategoriesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to assign products to the categories.
There are three ways to assign products to your category.
- Select Edit for a specific category and select Assign Products in the top right corner of the Edit category page.
- Select Assign Products option for a specific category in the Actions column on the Categories table view page.
- Select Assign Products on the View Category Page.
There is no difference between how you initiate the flow. In any event, you will be redirected to the same page.
To assign one or more products to a category:
- Select the checkbox next to the product(s) you want to assign in the Selected column.
- If you need to select all products displayed on the page, select Select all at the bottom of the table.
If you do not see the needed product on the page, there is no need to navigate through the pages manually. Use the Search field to find your product. You can use either the SKU or Name value to find the needed product.
- Once done, click Save.
Tips and tricks Let’s say you have assigned too many products to your category and you need to remove some of them.
- On the same Assign Products page, scroll down. You will see the Products in this category section.
- Depending on the number of products you want to exclude from the category, either clear the checkbox in the Selected column for specific products or click Deselect All (this will deselect all the products on the current page).
- Everything looks good now? Click Save.
What’s next? You have created a category and assigned products to it. So now you can learn how to manage the categories.
For submitting the form