Managing Tax RatesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes the procedures that you need to perform to create, edit, and delete tax rates
Managing Tax Rates
To start working with tax rates, navigate to the Administration > Tax Rates section.
Creating a Tax Rate
To define a rate under which the product, shipment, or a threshold are going to be taxed, you need to create a tax rate.
To create a tax rate:
- On the Overview of Tax Rates page, click Create Tax Rate in the top right corner.
- On the Create Tax Rate page, enter and select the attributes. See Taxes: Reference information for more details.
- Click Save.
Editing a Tax Rate
In the ever-changing business world, there is a chance that the taxation policies can change too.
To update the tax rate:
- In the List of tax rates > Actions column, click Edit for a specific tax rate.
- On the Edit Tax Rate page, change the attributes. See Taxes: Reference information for more details.
- Click Save.
Tips and tricks You can start editing a tax rate while viewing it:
- On the View Tax Rate page, click Edit in the top right corner.
- Go over the Editing a Tax Rate procedure.
Viewing a Tax Rate
You can review a specific Tax Rate details by clicking View in the List of tax rates > Actions column.
The Tax Rate details page includes the following information:
- Tax rate ID
- Created at
- Updated at
To return back to the list, click Back to Tax Rates.
Deleting Tax Rates
It may happen that the tax rate that has been created some time ago is no longer valid. You can permanently delete it from the system.
To delete a tax rate:
- In the List of tax rates > Actions column, click Delete for a specific tax rate.
- On the Delete Tax Rate page, click Delete Tax Rate to confirm the action. The tax rate is deleted. Remember that it will also be deleted from the Tax Set to which it has been assigned.
For submitting the form