Managing CMS Page VersionsEdit on GitHub
This article describes how you can manage versions of CMS pages: view general information, SEO details, compare CMS versions, and roll back to the selected version or discard changes to a page.
To start working with the CMS page versions, navigate to the Content Management > Pages section.
Viewing CMS Pages History
To view version history for a CMS page:
- On the Overview of CMS pages page in the Actions column, click View and select Version History from the drop-down list next to the page whose version history you want to view.
- On the Version History: [Page Name] page, the following information is available:
- Information on the current version and when it was published
- Name of the page and the template it is using
- SEO information: title, keywords, and description
- Placeholders that displays a page title and contain content
- Option to roll back all the changes to the specific CMS version
- Option to compare the current version with the selected one
On the Version History: [Page Name] page, you can return to the list of CMS pages by clicking Back to CMS on the top of the page.
Rolling back to a CMS Page Version
To roll back to the specific version:
On the Version History: [Page Name] page from the drop-down list, select the version that you want to return to.
Click Rollback to Selected Version in the top right corner of the page. This will copy all data from the older version and publish the previous version in the online store.
Comparing CMS Versions
To compare CMS versions to see what changes you have made to the current version:
- On the Version History: [Page Name] page from the drop-down list, select the version you want to compare with the current one.
- Click Compare. The information of the selected version will be displayed next to the information about the current version.
For submitting the form