Creating CMS BlocksEdit on GitHub
This topic provides a list of steps to create a CMS block in Back Office.
To start working with the CMS blocks, navigate to the Content Management > Blocks section.
Here you can create a new CMS block, specify for which store and how long it will be visible in the online store, as well as create category or product detail pages.
Creating a CMS Block
To create a block:
- On the Overview of CMS Blocks page, click Create block in the top right corner.
- On the Create CMS Block page that opens, enter the block details:
Store relation, Template, and Name must be filled in. All other fields are optional.
- Store relation
- Valid from and Valid to
- Categories: top
- Categories: middle
- Categories: bottom
Templates are project-specific and are usually created by a developer and a business person. If you are missing a CMS Block template, contact them and refer to the HowTo - Create a CMS Block template.
See CMS Blocks: Reference Information to learn more about CMS blocks attributes.)
- To save the changes, click Save. This will successfully create a block and take you to the Edit Block Glossary page.
A new block has been created. Now, you can add the content if needed.
- To learn more about how to edit a CMS block, see the Editing CMS Blocks section in Managing CMS Blocks.
- To know how you to add blocks to pages, see Assigning Blocks to Category and Product details Pages.
For submitting the form