Creating WarehousesEdit on GitHub
The topic provides steps on how to create a warehouse in the Back Office.
To start working with the Warehouses, navigate to the Administration > Warehouses section.
To create a warehouse:
- On the Warehouses page, click Create Warehouse in the top right corner. The Create warehouse page with two tabs opens - Configuration and Store relation. See Warehouses: Reference information for more details.
- In the Configuration tab, do the following:
- Name: Enter the name of the warehouse you want to create.
- Is this warehouse available?: Select Yes if you want to make your warehouse available (active) or No if you want to make your warehouse unavailable (inactive).
- (optional) Switch to the Store relation tab. By default, the warehouse you are creating will be available for all the stores you have. To make your warehouse unavailable for a specific store(s), clear the checkbox for that(those) store(s).
Keep in mind that if you clear all checkboxes for stores assigned to a specific warehouse, this warehouse won’t appear on the Edit Stock page.
- To keep the changes, click Save. This will redirect you to the Warehouses page where you can see the new warehouse in the table and the following message: ‘Warehouse has been successfully saved’.
The warehouse has been created. You can start working with it when creating or editing a concrete product. For more details, see Creating a Product Variant.
Additionally, you can edit any warehouse if needed. For more details, see the Editing Warehouse Details section in Managing Warehouses.
To learn more about the attributes you view or edit while creating or managing the warehouses, see Warehouses: Reference Information.
To learn how to manage stock per specific warehouse, see Managing Product Availability.
For submitting the form