Editing Content ItemsEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how you can edit content items in the Back Office.
To edit a content item:
- On the left-side navigation bar, navigate to the Content Management section and select Content Items.
- In the Actions column of the List of Content Items table, click Edit next to the item you want to modify. The Edit Content Item Type: Content Item Key page opens.
- Make changes to the needed attributes. See Content Items: Reference Information to learn more about content item attributes.
- To save the updates, click Save. The updated content item will be displayed on the grid of List of Content Items and the following message is displayed: ‘Content item has been successfully updated.’.
Tips and tricks On the Edit Content Item Type: Content Item Key page, you can:
- Clear all the fields in the current locale by clicking Clear locale.
Clicking Back to Content Items in the top right corner of the page can trigger different actions:
- Selecting this option prior to saving the changes will discard all the changes and then take you to the List of Content Items page.
* Selecting this option **after** the changes have been saved will redirect you to the _List of Content Items_ page. *** **What's next?** The content item is updated. Now, you can add it via content item widgets to a block or a page if needed.
- To learn more about how to add content item widgets to a block or a page, see Adding Content Item Widgets to Pages and Blocks.
For submitting the form