Managing UsersEdit on GitHub
This topic describes all procedures that you need to perform to manage the user records in the Content Management > Users section.
You will learn how to:
- Create a new user record
- Assign customers to a specific user
- Edit a user
- Deactivate/activate a user
- Delete a user from the system
You have already done the primary setup (you have created a role and group), so now it is time to add an actual user record to the system.
To create a user record:
Click Add New User in the top right corner of the User page.
Enter and select the following attributes.
- E-mail, Password, Repeat Password
- First Name and Last Name
- Assigned groups
- Interface language.
See User: Reference Information to know more about these attributes.
- Click Create.
Tips and tricks There is a way to initiate a create-new-user flow while editing a user record. To do that, on the Edit User page, click Add User in the top right corner.
Assigning Customers to Users
The Assign Customers option is used to assign store customers’ records to the Back office user records. This is done to enable the Back Office user to preview the CMS Pages in the online store (see CMS Pages set of topics).
To assign a customer:
- Navigate to the Users page.
- In the Users List > Action column, select Assign Customers.
- In the List of customers > Select customers to assign table, select the check-box next to the customer you want to assign (multiple customers can be selected).
- Click Save.
A customer cannot be assigned to multiple users at a time.
Tips and tricks To de-assign a customer:
- On the Assign Customers to User page, scroll down to the Assigned customers table.
- Deselect the check-box next to the customer(s) that needs to become unassigned, and click Save.
Editing a User
To edit a user:
- In Users List > Action column, click Edit if you want to change user’s details. See User: Reference Information for more details.
- When the updates are done, click Update.
Activating and Deactivating a User
To activate or deactivate a user: 1.In the Users List > Action column, click Activate (or Deactivate).
If a user has deactivated themselves, this user will get logged out immediately and the message about the successful deactivation will be shown.
- The status in the Status column will be changed to Active or Deactivated depending on the action you performed.
Deleting a User
To delete a user:
- In the Users List > Action column, click Delete.
- On the Warning page, click Delete to confirm the action.
The user’s status in the Status column will change to Deleted, however, the user will still stay in the Users List table. If the user has deleted themselves, this user will get logged out immediately and the message about the successful deletion will be shown.
For submitting the form