Managing Category FiltersEdit on GitHub
This topic describes the procedure of setting up category filters.
To start setting up the category filters, navigate to the Search and Filters > Category Filters section.
To set up a category filter, you need to have a filter preference setup in the Search and Filters > Filter Preferences section.
On the Overview of Category Filters page, you see the Root nodes list, Category tree, and Category Filters for sections. You select the root in the Root nodes list by clicking on it and the Category tree section is updated to show the categories in the node.
To manage the category filters, you click on a specific category and the Category Filters for section appears displaying the active filters that are already assigned to a category and the Add filter field.
Adding a Filter to a Category
This procedure will show you how to customize filter behavior by adding the filters to category.
To add a filter to the category:
- Select the root category from the Root nodes list table. The Category tree will be populated by the nodes nested under the selected root category.
- Choose a category for which you would like to overwrite the default global settings. To find a specific category, start entering its name in the Search field and the results will be automatically highlighted in the category tree.
- After selecting a category, the Category Filters for [Category name] frame opens to show the current configuration.
Categories in the category tree view that have manually defined filter settings are marked with a pencil icon next to their name.
- Start typing the name of the existing filter in the Add filter field. As you type, the autocompleted drop-down will appear so you can select a filter there.
- After selecting the filter, click Add. The filter will appear in the Active filters list.
- Once done, click Save.
Tips and tricks
Clicking Reset to global settings in Category Filters for [Category name] will remove the customized filter settings.
To reorder filters, just drag and drop them to the necessary place.
Removing a Filter
It is possible to remove either all filters from the active filters at once or just single filters.
- To remove all filters > Click Remove all.
- To remove single filters > Click a basket icon at the filter you want to remove. Once done, click Save. The removed filters will be moved to the Inactive filters list.
Tips and tricks
To add the removed filters again, click on the green plus sign at the filters you want to add back from Inactive filters.
For submitting the form