Creating Cart RulesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how to create a Cart Rule discount.
To start working with discounts, navigate to the Discounts section.
A cart rule is a discount that is applied automatically when all attached discount conditions are fulfilled and if the cart rule is active. Unlike a voucher code, it does not require any input from the customer.
To create a cart rule discount:
- On the Discount page, click Create new discount in the top right corner.
- On the Create Discount page > General tab, do the following:
- In Store relation, check the stores you wish the discount to be active in.
- In Discount Type drop-down, select Cart Rule.
- In the Name field, specify the name for the discount.
- Optional: Enter the description of the discount in the Description field.
- Specify if the discount is exclusive. See Discount: Reference Information for more details.
- Specify the validity interval (lifetime) of the discount.
- Click Next or select the Discount calculation tab to proceed.
- On the Create Discount page >Discount calculation tab, do the following:
- Select either Calculator percentage, or Calculator fixed in the Calculator type drop-down. See Discount Calculation: Reference Information for more details.
a. **Calculator fixed**: Enter the prices to be discounted b. **Calculator percentage**: Enter the values (percentage) to be discounted 2. Select the **Discount application type** and define what products the discount will be applied to. See [Discount Calculation: Reference Information](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/201903.0/merchandising/discount/references/discount-calculation-reference-information.html) for more information. 5. Click **Next**, or select the **Conditions** tab to proceed. 6. On the **Create Discount page >Conditions** tab, do the following: 1. Select the **Apply when** conditions or click **Plain query** and enter the query manually. See [Discount Conditions: Reference Information](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/201903.0/merchandising/discount/references/discount-conditions-reference-information.html). 2. Enter the value for **The discount can be applied if the query applies for at least X item(s).** field. 7. Click **Save** to create the new discount. *** **What's next?** See [Managing Discount](/docs/scos/user/back-office-user-guides/201903.0/merchandising/discount/managing-discounts.html) to know more about the actions you can do once the discount is created.Note
The next step varies based on the selected calculator type.
For submitting the form