Managing CompaniesEdit on GitHub
This topic describes how you create and manage company records, which is the initial step in setting up the company infrastructure.
To start managing a company record, navigate to the Company Account > Companies section.
Creating a Company
To create a new company record, do the following:
- On the Overview of Companies page, click Create Company in the top right corner.
- On the Create Company page, enter the name of the company you would like to create.
- Click Save. The new created company will appear in the List of the Companies table on the Companies page.
Once the company is created, one business unit for it is created by default. This is considered to be headquarters and can be managed in the same ways as the other business units. See Managing Company Units for more details.
The companies can be managed by triggering certain actions in the Actions column in the List of Companies table on the Companies page. Specifically, company roles can be Edited, De(Activated), Approved, and Denied.
Managing a Company
Right after the Company has been created whether in the shop application or in the Back Office, it appears with Pending status in the List of Companies table. To become active and available to be used, it needs to be approved and then activated.
Approving and Activating a Company
To approve the company and activate the company:
- Click Approve in the Actions column. As a result, the status of the company is changed to Approved.
- Click Activate in the Actions column. As a result, the activity state of the company will change from Inactive to Active.
Denying a Company
In case you cannot approve the registration, you can deny it. To disapprove the company, click Deny.
You can approve and activate the record in a later event. The record itself will continue existing in the system.
Deactivating a Company
If you want to deactivate the company so it will not appear in the online store, click Deactivate.
Editing a Company
If you want to change the name of the existing company, click Edit in the Actions column.
What’s next? The company record is added and now you can proceed with creating a company unit. See Managing Company Units for more details.
For submitting the form