Troubleshooting updatesEdit on GitHub
This document contains common issues related to updates and provides solutions for fixing them. If an issue is not on the list, and you need help, contact us.
You see Spryker Code Sniffer updates
If you see Code Sniffer updates from Spryker, check if the new code sniffer rules were added. Investigate what they are doing and decide if you need them. If you don’t need the rules, exclude them from the list.
In some projects, all Spryker sniffs are included automatically.
To exclude or include sniff rules, in
ruleset.xml, adjust the following section:
<rule ref="vendor/spryker/code-sniffer/Spryker/ruleset.xml"> <exclude name="Spryker.Factory.NoPrivateMethods"/> ... </rule>
Nothing to install or update or your requirements could not be resolved
You know there is a new version, but Composer returns the following message:
>... Updating dependencies (including require-dev) Nothing to install or update....
Or you get an error similar to the following:
>Updating dependencies (including require-dev) Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages. Problem 1 - Conclusion: don't install silex/web-profiler v1.0.8 - Conclusion: remove symfony/stopwatch v4.1.7 - Installation request for silex/web-profiler ~1.0.8 -> satisfiable by silex/web-profiler[1.0.x-dev, v1.0.8]. - Conclusion: don't install symfony/stopwatch v4.1.7 ....
Most likely, the update requires some other dependencies that currently can not be satisfied in the project.
To check what is missing, use the
composer why-not command. Example:
>php -d memory_limit=-1 composer.phar why-not "spryker/symfony:^3.2.0"
Composer returns what is needed for the update:
>spryker/symfony 3.2.0 requires symfony/stopwatch (^4.0.0) myProject/platform dev-develop does not require symfony/stopwatch (but v2.8.34 is installed)
Update the required packages, then try updating the original module again.
Get help with an update
Let us know if anything goes wrong with an update:
- You find an issue in the code while reviewing the diff in a Spryker repo.
- After running automated tests or testing the website, you find an issue that broke the website. If it’s not a project-related conflict, and other projects can potentially be affected, please report the issue as soon as you can.
- There are missing steps in an upgrade guide.
Reach out to us using one of the following channels:
- Support and community: share your issue or solution and learn from others in our community slack.
- Create a request on our support portal.
- Contribute to code: share your fix with us. We can implement the fix and make it available for other projects. To contribute, create a pull request on the module’s Github repository.
- Contribute to the docs: if you found any issue in an upgrade guide or any other document, you can edit the document by clicking Edit on GitHub next to the document’s name.
For submitting the form