BazaarvoiceEdit on GitHub
The Bazaarvoice app lets you collect and add user-generated content (UGC) to your product pages.
The Bazaarvoice service offers the following UGC:
Bazaarvoice uses the content syndication approach, which means that stores using Bazaarvoice republish each others’ content. For example, if a store within the Bazaarvoice’s network has got a new product review, this review is shared across all other stores in the network that also have this product.
To enable Bazaarvoice to match your products to products in other stores and upload product reviews into your store, you must use UPCs or EANs as unique identifiers for your products.
If you have Bazaarvoice integrated, the Spryker default Product Ratings and Reviews feature is turned off. This means that ratings and reviews collected with the default Spryker Product Ratings and Reviews feature are replaced with the BazzareVoice ratings and reviews.
Bazaarvoice integration and configuration
To integrate or configure Bazaarvoice:
- In your store’s Back Office, go to Apps > Catalog.
- Click Bazaarvoice. This takes you to the Bazaarvoice app details page, from where you can do the integration and configuration.
Integrating Bazaarvoice into your store
To integrate the Bazaarvoice app into your store:
- In the top right corner of the Bazaarvoice app details page, click Connect app. This takes you to the Bazaarvoice site with the signup form.
- Fill out the Bazaarvoice signup form and submit it. You should receive the Bazaarvoice credentials.
- Go back to your store’s Back Office, to the Bazaarvoice app details page.
- In the top right corner of the Bazaarvoice app details page, click Configure.
- In the Configure pane, enter the credentials you received from Bazaarvoice.
That’s it. You have integrated the Bazaarvoice app into your store. It usually takes Bazaarvoice a few days to process your product feed. Therefore, you should see the external ratings and reviews from Bazaarvoice in about 2-3 days after you integrated the app.
Now, you can configure the BazzareVoice app for your store.
Configuring Bazaarvoice for your store
For the Bazaarvoice app, you can configure the following for your store:
- Bazaarvoice services you need
- Stores you want the Bazaarvoice UGC to be displayed in
To configure the app, on the Bazaarvoice app details page, click Configure.
To configure the Bazaarvoice services:
In Settings > Select Services select the services that you need:
- RATINGS & REVIEWS: These are the accumulated star ratings along with reviews that are displayed on the product details page.
- INLINE RATINGS: This service displays the star ratings directly in these lists of products, for example, in search results, in the product catalog, etc.
- Bazaarvoice PIXEL: Adds a single tracking pixel to your shopping cart page and product details page. It lets Bazaarvoice track whether the products that have more UGC have a better conversion rate than products without many ratings and reviews.
- CONTAINER PAGE: Lets your users add their reviews on the product details page.
To configure the stores where you want to turn on the Bazaarvoice app, in Settings > Store, select the stores.
Disconnecting Bazaarvoice from your store
You can always disconnect the Bazaarvoice app from your store. For example, after the trial period, you might decide not to continue with the app. To disconnect Bazaarvoice, on the Bazaarvoice app details page, next to the Configure button, hold the pointer over and click Disconnect. Disconnecting the app removes the Bazaarvoice UGC and automatically restores the default Spryker Product Ratings and Reviews feature feature.
For submitting the form