Assign product attributes to abstract productsEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to assign product attributes to abstract products in the Back Office.
By assigning a product attribute to an abstract product, you assign it to all its variants. This is useful when an abstract product has a lot of variants with the same attribute value. Alternatively, you can assign product attributes to a product variant.
Create the product attributes you want to add to the abstract product. For instructions, see Create product attributes.
Create the abstract product to assign the product attributes to. For instructions, see Create abstract products.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Assign product attributes to an abstract product
- Go to Catalog > Products. This opens the Product page.
- Next to the abstract product you want to assign product attributes to, click Manage Attributes.
- Enter and select an ATTRIBUTE KEY.
- Click Add. This adds the attribute to the ATTRIBUTES pane.
- For the attribute you have added, enter attribute values for one or more locales.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you add all the needed attributes.
- Click Save. A window with a success message opens. You’ve assigned product attributes to the abstract product.
Reference information: Assign product attributes to abstract products
|ATTRIBUTE KEY||Product attribute to add to the abstract product.|
|KEY||Product attribute key.|
|DEFAULT locale||Default value of the product attribute. This value is displayed on the Storefront if a locale specific value is not specified.|
For submitting the form