Change the state of order itemsEdit on GitHub
This article describes how to change the state of order items.
To start managing orders, go to Sales > Orders.
The instructions assume that there is an existing order with the Payment pending status.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
Changing the state of all the items in an order
On the Orders page, click View next to the order containing the items you want to change the state of. This opens the Order Overview page.
In the TRIGGER ALL MATCHING STATES INSIDE THIS ORDER pane, click Pay.
The page refreshes with the success message displayed. You can check the new state of the items in the order in the ORDER ITEMS pane.
Repeat step 2 until the items are in the needed state.
Changing the state of items in a shipment
- On the Orders page, click View next to the order containing the shipment you want to change the state of. This opens the Order Overview page.
- In the ORDER ITEMS pane, in the desired shipment, select the checkboxes next to the products you want to change the state of. If you want to change the state of all the items in the shipment, don’t select any checkboxes.
- In the TRIGGER ALL MATCHING STATES OF ORDER INSIDE THIS SHIPMENT pane, click Pay. The page refreshes with the success message displayed.
- Repeat step 2-3 until you get the needed status.
Changing the state of an item
- On the Orders page, click View next to the order containing the item you want to change the state of. This opens the Order Overview page.
- In the ORDER ITEMS pane, next to the needed item, click Pay. The page refreshes with the success message displayed.
- Repeat step 2 until you get the needed order state.
Reference information: Changing the state of order items
The following table describes the states you can select for order items.
|Pay||Select this state once you receive the payment for the order from your customer.|
|Cancel||Select this state to cancel the order on the customer’s behalf.|
|Skip Timeout||Select this status to end the time period during which the customer can cancel the order.|
|invoice-generate||Select this state to generate the invoice and send it to the customer. If invoice BCC is configured for your project, the copy of the invoice will be sent to the specified email address as well. You can trigger the invoice-generate only for the whole order. Even if you selected just some of the order items, the invoice is generated for the whole order.|
|Ship||Select this state once the order is shipped.|
|Stock-update||Select this state when you update the number of available products of products in Products > Availability.|
|Close||Select this state when your customer has successfully received the ordered items and is satisfied with their quality.|
|Return||Select this state if the customer returns you either all or several items from the order.|
|Refund||Select this state in case of a refund.|
- Payment pending: the initial order status.
- Canceled: state of the order after it is canceled by the customer on the Storefront or by the Back Office user.
- When you select Pay, the state becomes Confirmed.
- When you select Skip Timeout, the state becomes Exported.
- When you select Cancel, the state becomes Cancelled.
- When you select invoice-generate, the state becomes Exported.
- When you select Ship, the state becomes Shipped.
- When you select Stock-update, the state becomes Delivered.
- When you select Close, the state becomes closed.
- In case the customer returns the ordered items: when you select Return, the status becomes returned.
- In case of a return, when you select Refund, the status becomes Refunded.
The order statuses you set here do not always have the same wording on the Storefront. For details on how you can display custom names for statuses on the Storefront, see HowTo - Display custom names for order item states on the Storefront.
For submitting the form