Editing shipmentsEdit on GitHub
This document describes how to edit shipments in the Back Office.
To start working with order shipments, do the following:
- Go to Sales > Orders.
- Next to the order you want to manage the shipment of, click View. This opens the Order Overview page.
Review the reference information before you start, or look up the necessary information as you go through the process.
If you create or edit a shipment of an order created by a customer, the grand total paid by the customer is not affected:
- If a new shipment method is added, its price is 0.
- If the shipment method is changed, the price of the previous shipment method is displayed.
- In the ORDER ITEMS section, next to the shipment you want to edit, click Edit Shipment. This opens the Create Shipment page.
- For DELIVERY ADDRESS, select a different customer’s address or New address. If you selected New address, address fields appear. Fill out the details of the new address.
- Select a SHIPMENT METHOD.
- Enter a REQUESTED DELIVERY DATE.
- Click Save. This opens the Order Overview page with the success message displayed.
A shipment that does not contain any items is automatically deleted.
Reference information: Editing shipments
The following table describes the attributes you enter and select when editing billing addresses in orders.
|The address that the customer selected to deliver the items to. Also allows to add a new address.
|Customer’s first name.
|Customer’s middle name.
|Customer’s last name.
|Customer’s email address.
|Additional details of the customer’s address.
|Customer’s ZIP code.
|Customer’s phone number.
|Customer’s cell phone number.
|A short description of this address.
|A comment about this address. For example, “Only for small packages”.
|The delivery company which the customer selected to handle the items.
|REQUESTED DELIVERY DATE
|The preferred delivery date that the customer selected for this shipment.
For submitting the form