Manage file treeEdit on GitHub
This article describes how to manage the file tree. The file tree lets a Back Office user create folders (directories) under File Directories Tree and organize them in a hierarchical system by dragging and dropping.
To preserve a logical structure of the files uploaded to the system for use in marketing campaigns, you should define the structure in which your files are stored. Structured marketing campaign materials also help other Marketing Team members to manage files.
The File Tree section is used to upload the files, create or delete the directories and manage the order of files and directories.
To start working with file tree elements, navigate to Content>File Tree section.
If there are no MIME types defined in the MIME Type Settings section, you can upload any type of file. If you have at least one MIME type defined as Is Allowed, you can upload only allowed file types, until you add more allowed types. See Add and edit MIME types for more details.
Creating file directories
To create a file directory:
- On the Overview of File Tree page, click Create File Directory in the top right corner.
- On the Create Directory Element page, enter the name of your directory in the Name field and populate the Title field for all locales.
- Once done, click Save.
The created folder will be displayed on the left of the Overview of File Tree page. You can create multilevel structures by changing the directory order.
To reorder directories, drag and drop them to the desired place.
Once you are satisfied with the order, click Save Order.
To delete a directory:
- Click on the directory in the File Tree section.
- Click Delete Directory in the top right corner of the page.
- On the system message pop-up, click Confirm to confirm the action.
Once you have set up the directory structure, you can proceed with uploading files into those folders.
To upload a file:
- Click on the directory into which you will upload the file.
- In the top right corner of the Files List section, click Add File.
- On the Add a file page, do the following:
- Enter the file name. Alternately, leave this field blank and select the use file name checkbox if you do not want to change the file’s existing name.
- Browse and select the file to upload.
- Make sure the use file name checkbox is selected if you do not want to change the file’s existing name.
- Optionally, populate the Alt and Title fields for each locale.
- Once done, click Save. The file is uploaded to the selected folder.
Once the file is uploaded, you can manage it from two locations:
- File List (for more details, see Manage file List)
- File Tree
To manage a file in File Tree:
- Click on the folder where the file is located.
- In the Files List section, select one of the following in the Actions column for the file:
View to view the file. You are redirected to the View file page. You can download the file by clicking Download in the Actions column.
Edit to edit the file and manage multiple versions of the file. You are redirected to the Edit file page.
- File tab: Here you can update the file name information. Click Save to apply your updates.
You can also upload another version of a file.Info
Edit File lets you maintain multiple versions of any file. For example, the Content Manager may upload Instruction1.txt file (v.1), then decide that an image is more useful in this case and upload Instruction.png (v.2) to the file.
To upload another version of a file, click Choose File, optionally change the file name and the Alt and Title fields for each locale, then click Save.
- File versions tab: Here you can manage multiple version of the file. You can view each version’s information. in the Actions column, you can download the file version by clicking Download and also delete a version.
Delete to immediately delete a file.
Selecting Delete in the Actions column immediately deletes the file. There is no confirmation message before the delete occurs. The delete action cannot be undone.
For submitting the form