HowTo: Add a new shipment methodEdit on GitHub
This document shows how to add a new shipment method without integrating with the shipment provider.
This document considers the case when you need to add a new shipment method without integrating it with the shipment providers system.
In this situation, you must have multi-currency prices attached to the shipment method and the correct tax set linked to it. Also, the
ship event must be manually triggerable from the Back Office.
Set up the state machine
The state machine that handles orders that use this shipment method needs to use a manual event for shipping so that it can be triggered from the Zed Admin UI.
The corresponding XML for this transition would be as follows:
<states> <state name="exported" reserved="true"/> <state name="shipped" reserved="true"/> //.. </states> <transitions> <transition happy="true"> <source>exported</source> <target>shipped</target> <event>ship</event> </transition> //.. </transitions> <events> <event name="ship" manual="true"/> //.. </events>
Add a new shipment method
To add a new shipment method, follow these steps:
- In the Back Office, navigate to the Delivery Methods section and click Create new carrier company.
- Specify a name for the carrier company and the corresponding glossary key for having a localized name.
- To use this carrier company in the shop, select Enabled.
- Click Save.
When you have a new shipment carrier, you can add a new shipment method to it.
For more detailed information about adding shipment methods, see Creating and managing delivery methods.
Add a new carrier company
To add a shipment method to a carrier, follow these steps:
- Click Create new delivery method. The Create Delivery Method page opens.
- Select the CARRIER you have created in the Add a new shipment method section.
- Add the NAME and store- and currency-specific net and gross prices.
- Select IS ACTIVE.
- Select the corresponding TAX SET.
- Click Save. The new shipment method is available in the shop.
For more detailed information about adding carrier companies, see Creating carrier companies.
For submitting the form