Marketplace personasEdit on GitHub
A marketplace extension provided by Spryker Cloud Commerce OS covers a wide range of needs for sellers and buyers and presupposes the fulfillment of multiple actions by various types of users in different areas of the Marketplace. This document describes the different types of users—personas that function within the Marketplace.
A marketplace is a type of e-commerce website where products or services are delivered and fulfilled by multiple sellers or merchants to the buyers, whereas transactions are processed by a marketplace operator.
A marketplace operator is a company that owns the Marketplace. It can also sell on the marketplace as the main merchant.
A marketplace administrator works for a marketplace operator in the Spryker Back Office. They have no access to the Merchant Portal. A marketplace administrator is also known as an admin user for the whole Marketplace and is responsible for the following actions:
- Managing merchants.
- Managing offers of all products from all merchants.
- Managing all products from all merchants.
- Controlling all orders from merchants.
A merchant user is the employee of the merchant and their company who uses the Merchant Portal to sell in the Marketplace. Merchant users can perform the following actions:
- Creating and editing a merchant’s product offers on products.
- Managing merchant products.
- Managing promotions.
- Managing stock and product availability of the merchant’s products and offers.
- Updating, approving, and denying merchant orders.
- Processing returns.
A buyer is a user who actively uses the Storefront. It is either a registered user who has a customer account or guest user who hasn’t yet registered and makes purchases in the Marketplace Storefront.
For submitting the form